Basic Physical Warm Up
- Reach up and wiggle your fingers, reach down touch your toes (repeat 2 or 3 times)
- Roll shoulders back and forward
- Put your hands on your hips. Stick your chest out like you are Superman. Suck it in like you are trying on pants at the mall. Superman, Pants, (Repeat several times)
- Hula Hoop hips in both directions
- Stand on one foot, stick the foot that is up out front and make little circles with your toes. Hop on that foot. Switch feet.
Basic Vocal Warm Up
- Do Sirens. Start high pitch and go as low as you can. Use your finger and start high and as you go down take your finger to the floor.
- Start with your finger low and your voice low and go up.
- Massage your face. Make sure to get your cheeks, chin, jaw, eyes and forehead.
- Squish your face like you just ate a sour lemon and say “Ewwww”
- Open your mouth wide like you are eating a big watermelon and say “Awwww”
- Repeat 4 and 5 several times.
- Do some tongue twisters. For example:
- Rubber baby buggy bumpers.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers / If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers / How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
- What a to-do to die today at a minute or two to two,
a thing distinctly hard to say but harder still to do.
for they’ll beat a tattoo at a quarter to two:
a rat-ta tat-tat ta tat-tat ta to-to.
and the dragon will come when he hears the drum
at a minute or two to two today, at a minute or two to two